About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a simple country girl, trying to live the fullest life I can. I love life and all it has to offer and can't wait for the next adventure to come my way. I love to create with my hands, quilting and sewing being my favorite hobby of many.
"The way of all peace is to scale the mountain of self. Loving others

makes the climb down easier. We see all things darkly until love lights

the lamp of the soul."

The Tenets of Novus Spiritus

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I got busy today!




I'm finally getting my sewing room together. When we moved into the new house, I didn't have a room for my sewing, so my loving husband got me a portable building to put in the back yard, just for my sewing. It works out great. It is a very nice building. It still needs some drywall and an A/C unit, but it works great for what I need it for.
So that being said, I got some things made today. I got a baby quilt finished today. With moving an all it was put on the back burner but finally got it finished. It turned out really cute and can't wait to give it to the new bundle of joy.


I also made a table cloth out of some garden material that I had been given by an old customer at my old job. I put it on the table that we have sitting on our front porch. We actually have been using this table quite a bit. Have been using the whole front porch, more like an additional room instead of just a porch.





Below is a pic of some pillows that I got sewed together and stuffed today also. I think they look really good sitting on the Ol' Antique Chair that I picked up at an estate sale a few months back.





I had a good day today! Very productive and very relaxing. Hopefully I can get back out to my Sewing Shed again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment