About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a simple country girl, trying to live the fullest life I can. I love life and all it has to offer and can't wait for the next adventure to come my way. I love to create with my hands, quilting and sewing being my favorite hobby of many.
"The way of all peace is to scale the mountain of self. Loving others

makes the climb down easier. We see all things darkly until love lights

the lamp of the soul."

The Tenets of Novus Spiritus

Monday, May 31, 2010

I love to take photographs!

I have been an amatuer photographer for years, I love to take pictures of the world around me. It is wonderful to sit down and look through albums of times and adventures past. To see how your life has developed and changed. The people that move in and out of your life and the ones that are always there. So sit back and enjoy some of my recent photos.

This first picture is taken on the banks of the Kissimmee River in Ft. Bassinger, Okeechobee County, Florida.






This is my Papa Carl. He isn't my father, but as close to any father a person could have. He is one of the strongest, caring, and loving men I have had the pleasure of knowing in my life. He will always hold a special place in my heart. Love ya Pappa!




This is one of our Great Wild Oaks we have down here in the deeper parts of Florida. I love the way the Spanish Moss hangs from the trees.





This is a Cabbage Palm tree. It is used in our area to make Swamp Cabbage Stew. Some people call it the Heart of the Palm, because the heart of the tree is what is eaten. If you ever get the chance to taste some home cooked Swamp Cabbage take it, you will be surprised by what you find.
Will that is it for now. Hope you enjoyed some pics of the Wilds of Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment