About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a simple country girl, trying to live the fullest life I can. I love life and all it has to offer and can't wait for the next adventure to come my way. I love to create with my hands, quilting and sewing being my favorite hobby of many.
"The way of all peace is to scale the mountain of self. Loving others

makes the climb down easier. We see all things darkly until love lights

the lamp of the soul."

The Tenets of Novus Spiritus

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I am a diehard animal lover. I grew up on a farm in Northeastern Ohio and we always had dogs and cats running around. I still continue this of having dogs and cats running around me all the time. I actually have 6 dogs, 8 cats and a Grey Masked Cocktail bird. This to say the least drives my dear husband nuts at time, due to the fact he hated cats when we met and never would of thought of having a dog in the house. So I am going to dedicate this blog to my husband, Wes, for all his patience and understanding for the love that I have for all my furry little creatures.

You enter into a certain amount of madness when you marry a person with pets. ~Nora Ephron

This little guy is Riley. He is about a year and a half old. He is a Long Haired Dauchshund. He is quite the little character and escape artist.






This picture to the right is my dear husband, Wes holding our sleeping little baby, Daisy. She is also a Long Haired Dauchshund. She is about 16 weeks old. He thinks she looks like a Reese's Cup.
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet. ~Colette

Here we have my beautiful daughter, Elizabeth and my Ol' Girl, Lady. We lost her on Valentine's Day of this year. She was 14 years old. She was a big part of my life and she is greatly missed. She gave me years of comfort and happiness. I know she is up there running threw the fields of flowers chasing the butterflies.

An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language. ~Martin Buber


Here we have our Handsome little devil! Dinky Man. He is my beloved Boston Terrier. He is about 4 1/2 years old. He is my Guardian Angel. He is my best friend.

It often happens that a man is more humanely related to a cat or dog than to any human being. ~Henry David Thoreau






On the right we have TT and Pumba! They are playmates. TT is about 1 1/2 years old Boston Terrier. She is also know as my growth. She is wherever I am. Pumba is a 4 month old kitty that we all love. We also have his brother, his name is Timon. There is nothing better than falling asleep to the purring of a kitten in your ear.

Most pets display so many humanlike traits and emotions it's easy to forget they're not gifted with the English language and then get snubbed when we talk to them and they don't say anything back. ~Stephenie Geist


Tigger Boy! I helped him come into the world and will make sure he has the best life in this world that I am capable of giving him. He is 2 years old.

As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat. ~Ellen Perry Berkeley






Mr. Zuka. He is the biggest baby we have. He is a 90# White Boxer. He thinks he is a little 5# lap dog with more personality than any dog I have ever know. We haven't had him long, he belonged to my sister and she couldn't keep him anymore so he made the trip to the good ol' sunny south to become a Florida Dog. They say the old ones come south to retire and I believe Zuka has decided to become on of these retires. He is such JOY to have in our home and we feel very lucky that he decided to join our family.
I believe in animal rights, and high among them is the right to the gentle stroke of a human hand. ~Robert Brault,
We have many other animals and animal pictures but this is it for now. Stay tune for the sequel, coming soon. Hope you enjoy the pictures of my family.








No comments:

Post a Comment