About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
I am a simple country girl, trying to live the fullest life I can. I love life and all it has to offer and can't wait for the next adventure to come my way. I love to create with my hands, quilting and sewing being my favorite hobby of many.
"The way of all peace is to scale the mountain of self. Loving others

makes the climb down easier. We see all things darkly until love lights

the lamp of the soul."

The Tenets of Novus Spiritus

Sunday, June 6, 2010

I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes. ~e.e. cummings



Good Morning all! Happy Sunday, may you have a wonderful day full of sunshine and joy! Here are a few pictures that I snapped this morning around my yard, and then following these there is some pictures of some Osprey Birds that we have been watching for several weeks now. Hope you enjoy the pictures of the day!







Outside the back door of my work, there is a huge old grain tower of some sort. On top of it is a very large nest of Osprey Birds. We have been watching these birds for quite sometime now, and yesterday we got to see some of them take their first flight. It was such an awesome thing to see. Of course I didn't have my camera at the time, but did get it later in the day. By that time they were not leaving the nest so I didn't get any of my own pictures of them trying to fly, but did get a few of them on the nest.

To watch them was truly amazing. They would spread their wings wide open and let the wind lift them up a few feet above the nest and then they would drop back down. They did this over and over again. I am guessing to get the feel of the wind. I was definitly a first in my life to see a bird taking it first flight.

Below are a few pictures of the ones out back of work. They are not real good pictures because they were so far away, but not terrible pics either.


Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.

~Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment